Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Desserts: Tiramisu for the holidays!

I'm currently enjoying my holidays, so I have plenty of time to write my blog and to prove myself wrong...I know I can upkeep my own blog! I will persevere!

Anyway, my first few posts in this blog is to update on some of food that I've cooked over the past years. I really regret not taking pictures of the food that I've cooked last time and now I can't even remember what I've done before.

Now, let me share with you a very easy tiramisu recipe given to me by my dear women, Charlene. This is really idiot proof and doesn't take long to make. The only bad thing about this is the amount of calories it will pile on me...But, whatever..I donch care!

Easy Tiramisu

Ingredients:

-Mascarpone cheese
-Whip cream (Those in a spray can)
-
Lady fingers (Not the vegetable kind of lady finger)
-Any coffee drinks (Mocha, Cappuccino etc.)
-Cocoa powder

Method:
1) Mix Mascarpone cheese and whip cream together until smooth.
(The proportion is up to you, the best results is for the cheese to be lesser than the cream so that the end product is smooth)

2) Lay the lady fingers at the bottom of your container until it covers the base

3) Use a teaspoon to gently pour your coffee drink on top of the lady fingers until it is soaked
(Make sure it is just nice, not too wet or dry)

4) Next, spread the cream and cheese mixture evenly over the coffee-soaked lady fingers

5) Sprinkle cocoa powder on the cream and cheese mixture until it covers the entire surface

6) Repeat Steps 2 – 5 until it reaches the top of your container
(Don’t sprinkle the cocoa powder for the last layer)

7) Refrigerate.
(Sprinkle cocoa powder at the top of your tiramisu only when you want to consume it)

Voila, here you have your easy to make Tiramisu!

No comments: