Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rice: Our staple food - RICE

I loveeeeeee eating rice!
I guess I'm a 饭桶 (Rice Bucket?) - It basically refers to people who eats alot of rice. But I am quite fussy when it comes to eating rice as I hate hard rice. I only like it when my rice is soft and fluffy.
There are many types of rice, short grain, long grain etc. Different types to suit different taste buds. We used to eat normal white rice at home, but now there's a gradual change to brown rice.

Why gradual?
Because brown rice doesn't taste as good as white rice and it is alot harder (which doesn't appeal to me). However, it does have higher nutritional values.

How do you change gradually?
My mum mixes white rice with brown rice. She usually has 1 portion of white rice to 2 portions of brown rice.
But, as I still prefer softer rice, I changed that to 2 portions of white rice to 1 portion of brown rice. Here's my first attempt at cooking the mixed rice. **Note that you can add a tiny bit of cooking oil when cooking for better textured rice**


No comments: