Monday, November 27, 2006

Rice :Bibimbap

As I've said before that I love rice, I'm gonna post my fav food - Bibimbap. I think it literally means mixed rice in Korean.
Another reason why I love bibimbap is because I can put all my favourite ingredients in it and mixed them all up to eat. I kinda like mixing everything to eat and that's why Marky is always saying that I eat rubbish...lol
Anw, here's the recipe for bibimbap lovers.

Bibimbap


*This is my 2nd attempt while the below pics are my 1st. Pardon my pics below as they were taken with my hp*

Ingredients:

- 100g Chopped beef
(I prefer to use chicken)
- 50g of bean sprouts
- 3
shitake mushrooms
- 1/3 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 bell pepper, julienned
- Corn bits (Amount depends on preference)
- 1
japanese cucumber, julienned
- Turnip
(Amount depends on preference), julienned
- 1 egg
- Cooked r
ice (Amount depends on preference)

Sauce
- 4 tbsp Kochujang (I bought mine from *Shine Korean supermarket*)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds


Marinate for beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- A sprinkle of pepper
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar

**Marinate beef beforehand for 2hr or overnight**

Method:
1. Stir fry beef until lightly cooked

2. Drain and squeeze out all excess water from all vegetables and sprinkle salt on them

3. Add 1 tsp of sesame oil and stir-fry all vegetables individually (Adding another tsp of sesame oil after each vegetable)

4. Place rice in a deep bowl and add the prepared ingredients on the top of the rice
**For stone bowls, place the bowl on your stove to heat it up, adding 2 tsp of sesame oil to coat the bowl
before adding rice to it**


5. Fry a sunny side up egg and place it on top of the dish
**For stone bowls, you may place the raw egg on the side of the bowl to cook it slightly**


6. To make the sauce, mix the kochujang, sugar, sesame seeds and sesame oil together

7. Lastly, add the sauce to taste and mix everything together before eating


___________________________________________________________________

*Shine Korean supermarket*
(This is where I bought my kochujang and my black bowl. )
Address: 175, Bencoolen Street, #01-10/11, Burlington Square, Telephone:62388897

You can also try the places below for Korean products:
- Koreana Trading Pte Ltd (Address: 163, Tras Street, #01-01, Lian Huat Building, Telephone: 63245016)
- Sin Korea Supermarket (511 Guillemard Road, #01-30, Telephone: 6844372)

No comments: