Friday, July 25, 2008

Soup Spoon

I must say that Soup Spoon really serve some fantastic soups! I ordered the Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff which is the thickest and most 'mushroom-y' soup I've ever tasted. It is definitely good but imagine drinking such a big bowl of the rich mushroom soup and you will be able to see why I can't finish their smallest bowl of mushroom soup.

Marky on the other hand, ordered the Beef Goulash which comes with generous portions of tender beef pieces that simply melts in the mouth.

All soups are accompanied by a warm bread roll which is very white and soft.. Just how I like my bread rolls to be like!



















As we ordered the "SouperValue Combo meals", they come with either a salad/sandwich & a choice of either a pack of chips or apple.

Price range: S$9.50 – S$12.10.

For me, I had the Asian Tofu salad which is made up of tofu, mandarin orange, snow pea sprout, carrot, sunflower seeds, wanton crisp and topped with Asian vinaigrette. I enjoyed combination of the fruits & veggies with the vinaigrette but fried hard tofu simply doesn't work for me...

Marky's Roast Beef Wasabi sandwich is made up of roast beef (but of course), red onion, gherkins, cheddar cheese, green salad and dressed with wasabi mayonnaise. Can't really comment on that as I'm not a fan of the combination.
__________________________________________

On our 2nd trip there, I had Tokyo Chicken Stew, which is my current favourite. This complex soup contains many ingredients like lotus roots, shitake, enoki mushroom, white radish and bamboo shoots. Not to mention, the chicken was simply delectable and melts in my mouth too! Somehow, the soup reminds me of my mum's chicken stew...

Marky's Boston Clam Chowder was very 'jelat' and even he couldn't take it towards the end...

This time round, I had the Indochine Prawn Wrap while Marky had the Herbed Chicken Caesar
sandwich. The refreshing taste of the Kaffir lime in my wrap & the delicious herb dressing in Marky's sandwich totally won both of us over!

Thumbs up for these 2!

Finally, we also ordered
Breaded Buttons with Garlic Aioli to try.

Imagine button mushrooms stuffed with Mozzarella cheese and breaded before deep frying. The garlic taste in the Aioli is pretty mild & adds a lot of taste to the mushroom. Be careful when eating this as biting into the mushroom causes the melted mozzarella cheese to flow out --- A gastronomical experience!

However, this must be eaten when it's hot as the taste is not as good when it's cooled.

________________________________________

We've only been to the Tanjong Pagar MRT's branch & they haven't failed us in terms of food & service. So I foresee us going there again very soon..

Oh by the way, they sell their soups in sealed packets for people who wants good soups & are lazy to cook their own/have no idea how to cook.

The Soup Spoon

Website: http://www.thesoupspoon.com/
Branches' Location: http://www.thesoupspoon.com/aboutus_where.asp

No comments: