Thursday, December 27, 2007

Kinara Restaurant @ Holland Village

My trip to Kinara restaurant was in October when we went there for a celebratory dinner for Char's birthday. Having eaten enough of the usual western, japanese and chinese food, we decided to go for North Indian cuisine. Luckily for us, Kinara was a really good choice of place, except for the fact that they did not have enough seats inside and we had to be seated outside (it was really hot at first!).

Although I didn't go inside the restaurant, the interior ambience seems rather nice. Most importantly, the waitress was patient enough to explain each dish to us. The downside was that it seemed rather hard to get the waiters' attention when we need something.

As for the food, I felt that it was quite satisfying and quite value for money. Without a doubt, I would definitely visit Kinara again.

Location:
24 Lorong Mambong
Holland Village

Telephone:
6467 4101

Operating Hours:
Mon-Thu: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 6pm - 10.30pm
Fri-Sun: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 6pm - 11pm

Some crispy heavily salted and spiced cracker (Should be poppadom if I'm not mistaken) that was served immediately when we were seated. This came with 2 types of dips which I didn't fancy much.

Our 3 different flavoured lassi drinks ($5.20), , which are basically yogurt drinks. My mango one was the best tasting among the 3. The blueberry or whatever berry one tasted like vitagen.

The Naan Basket ($14) consists of plain, butter, garlic and kashmiri flavoured naan. The most interesting one would be the kashmiri naan as it has dried cherries and nuts sprinkled all over the dough, which makes it sweet =)

We ordered 2 types of curry, lamb curry and I think chicken curry. Perfect with the naan.

My personal favourite -- Calamari. Wasn't expecting their calamari to look like this as I was visualising deep fried ones. Yet, I love the way they do this dish.


Another favourite of mine -- Tandoori chicken. It is moist and tender, unlike what I usually eat outside.

No comments: