Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Basil Alcove

Ever had fine dining by the roadside? Here's a value-for-money fine dining place which has rave reviews by people who had been there before. Presenting Basil Alcove, which is tucked in a small shop space in Fortune Centre. Just imagine fine dining without the comfort of aircon and a lack of a nice ambience, yet the quality of the food is not compromised by the prices.

I've been there for X'mas dinner last year with Marky's friends and it was a pleasant experience. Just recently, I had dinner with my parents and Marky and last month, I brought my dearest womenz there to celebrate Mel's birthday. Here's some of the pics that I took when I went with the womenz.
-----------------------------------
Address:
190 Middle Road
#01-07 Fortune Centre
Tel: 6336 1318
--------------------------------------



.

.

.

.

..

.

..
.

Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms with vinegar
Great tasting stuff we have here! The vinegar goes really well with the garlic infused mushrooms.












..
.

Grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and spinach
My favourite!! Perfectly grilled chicken and the cream sauce wasn't too rich (I don't usually take cream stuff).




Bratwurst with sauerkraut
Don't really fancy this much.


















Prawn aglio with a touch of orange taste
Another of my favourite because of the generous serving of fresh succulent prawns. Spaghetti was done al dente too!












Strawberry shortcake? Can't really remember...
But it was decent and has a frozen berry layer at the top. Quite refreshing I would say.

Even my sotong was feeling full after the meal =)

No comments: