Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Makan Places :Swissotel Merchant Court - Ellenborough Market Cafe

I just had buffet dinner with my family + Marky & Jeff. We planned this buffet to treat my parents to a good meal after we got our pay. Anyway, we chose Ellenborough Market Cafe for the supposedly famous durian pengat which I kept hearing people say that it's good.

Well, I don't really think it is value for money as we paid ard $38/pax after taxes. I seriously think we should've gone somewhere else. However, the place is pretty nice with good ambience.


And I wouldn't say that the food is totally bad or anything..I must give them credit for some of the better tasting food like...the black pepper crayfish, cold soya braised duck, succulent prawns salad, squid salad, bread & butter pudding, fondue, ah balling (glutinuous rice balls with black sesame fillings - it has a thin outer layer & the sesame filling just burst with flavour) and durian pengat (which is good but too jelat for me, so I only took a mouthful)

I can't comment much on the cakes & pastries as I was too full to take them but I forced myself to take a bite out of a mini strawberry cake, which turned out niceeeee.
Below are some of the pics that I took.. Marky kept telling me to eat and don't take so many pics...I think he felt embarrassed sitting beside someone who kept taking photos of the food. Anyway, enjoy the pics!

From the left down: Black pepper crayfish, black bean sauce fish, fried prawns, prawns salad, some chicken thingy(can't remember the name), squid salad, seafood roll, pandan chicken)




Salmon & tuna sashimi

Samosa
Fruits & marshmellow fondue



Ah balling in peanut soup & extra peanut topping
Fruit tartlets



Strawberry mousse cake
Durian pengat


Chempedak Creme Brulee

No comments: