Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Makan Places :Dunman Food Centre

I went to Dunman Food Centre, which is at Onan Rd for dinner yesterday..It is not easy to find parking lots here so Daddy usually asks us to get down to order the food while he finds a lot. There's quite a number of stalls selling delicious food and I will recommend those stalls here...But I realised that I didn't take down some of the stall names.. haha..So I shall just describe them.

(All stalls are on the 2nd level)

1) Frog leg porridge stall
This stall sells super fat and juicy frog legs as compared to the 'famous' Geylang frog legs (I have no idea why everyone still wanna eat their supper there when the portion is pathetic and it's not worth the money.) They serve piping hot and yummy white congee too. This stall is at the corner on the right when you walk up the stairs.











2) Ding Xiang (顶香) #02-16
This stall serves traditional carrot cakes which are cut into strips instead of the minced pieces that normal stalls sell. Also on their menu are Char Kway Teow and oyster omelette. We ordered the black carrot cake that my mum prefers and the uncle really added alot of dark sauce. Delicious!




3) Jia Hui BBQ (佳辉 BBQ) #02-21
We always like to order this stall's satay and chicken wings. Fabulous! The satay is always very tender and if you like your satays sweet with honey marinade, this is the stall for you!
4) Mini muffins confectionery
(Its a new stall so I can't remember the stall name. Anw, its opposite a wanton mee stall behind)

You can find freshly baked muffins here at $1.20 each. They have many flavours to choose from. We ordered a chocolate chips muffin, a banana almond muffin and I can't remember the last flavour.. =Þ Their muffins looks really tempting and they taste good when its hot. But not that fantastic when it's cold though.



5) Lau Hong Ser (老鸿生啰口惹 ) #02-14
Although there are many people praising this rojak stall, we had bad experiences with this stall, not just once. The 1st time, the auntie told my mum that she has to wait 1hr. 1 HOUR for a bloody rojak!

Yesterday when my mum asked the auntie how long will she have to wait, the auntie gave a very 'hao lian' face and took a long time just to reply my mum that she will have to wait 1/2 hr. My mum didn't order.
And I don't even see alot of people ordering the rojak.
In the end, my dad still went on to order. He even has to keep going back to ensure that they remember our order as it was a very long wait. Finally when we got our rojak, it was a disappointment. The sauce was super sticky, too sweet and our fried doughsticks + Tau pok were not even crispy. Waste of time.

No comments: