Friday, December 15, 2006

Seafood : Sweetbakes :Japanese Soba Fish and Corny Cornflakes Cookies???

Cheryl and I are in need of exercise so she came over to my house yesterday for a walking session to ECP. This was followed by a hearty & quite healthy lunch at my place. I made a Jap & Korean fusion bibimbap. Haha..I'm always coming up with weird stuff...So here's our lunch..










Salad with Japanese Mayo & black pepper
Japanese rice with soba fish & egg + plenty of seaweed and Japanese rice seasoning


Later in the afternoon, I got Cheryl to help me with the corny cornflakes cookies which I got from
The Lazy Chef. Actually, I don't really have much experience with baking and Cheryl was the one who taught me how to fold in the flour =) It was a tedious process because everything had to be done manually as my mixer had been loaned out.

Anw, it turned out pretty good except that it tasted better with the cornflakes mixed into the dough. My sis commented that she liked the buttery taste of the cookies. So here's the recipe:

Corny Cornflakes Cookies (Beware: Makes around 300!!)











Ingredients:
450g butter(soft but not melted)
600g plain flour plus a pinch of salt
1 egg
250g fine sugar
1 medium pack unsweetened cornflakes

Method:
1. Cream the butter with the sugar till creamy and pale white









2. Add the egg and mix well

3. Sieve the flour with the salt and fold into the egg and the butter mixture.









4. Mix well into a soft pastry dough

5. Crush the cornflakes into smaller pieces

6. Make small balls of dough with the fingers.

7. Roll these into cornflakes to coat evenly









8. Bake on ungreased trays at 180 degree in a preheated oven till brown.


No comments: