Monday, June 02, 2008

Miso Grilled Chicken

As you may have noticed, I'm always cooking chicken as I'm not a very big fan of other types of meats, although I do try to cook something other than chicken once in a blue moon. I'm not a very adventurous person you know...
And since I love Japanese food, here's my miso marinated chicken that's being 'grilled'. Another easy-to-make recipe to suit the busy urban dwellers.
The salty taste of the miso in this dish, combined with the fragrance of the spring onions and sesame seeds, makes this a great dish with piping hot rice.
Miso Grilled Chicken
Ingredients:
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
A handful of toasted sesame seeds
2 sprigs of chopped spring onions
4 Deboned chicken thighs (Easier to cook)
Method:
1. Mix all ingredients (except the chicken).
2. Pound the chicken with the back of the knife to tenderize the meat.
3. Put the meat in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade in it. Massage the meat. (I meant massage, really!)
4. Place the bag in the fridge to let the meat marinade for at least 1/2hr. Don't leave it for too many hours and it will be too salty.
5. Heat up your grill and grill the meat till golden brown.
6. Serve with rice!

No comments: