Monday, May 05, 2008

Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe

Hi everyone, I'm finally back after such a long while and I'm gonna start posting the super back -dated food places that I'm been to =)
First up, Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe. I've tried their desserts at the Wheelock branch and it's both aesthetically attractive and appetising at the same time, though i didn't take pictures of those desserts. However, the focus here is its branch at The Central @ Clarke Quay.
Overall, I felt that the food was so-so and not exactly worth the money although I didn't try everyone's food. However, I would like to highlight their kamameshi which was kinda unique and it came with an hour glass at the top to indicate when you can start eating it. This reminds me of our Chinese claypot rice and even the Korean Bibimbap. Either way, I'm a fan of this particular way of presenting rice. So, thumbs up for this!










Here we have the ton toro yaki which I didn't try but the portion looks quite miserly.













The grilled oysters seems quite good as can be seen from the number of oysters eaten by Cheryl! LOL



















The Cha Soba and Sashimi Moriawase was ordered by Ben. Didn't try these too but the presentation was good and the freshness of the sashimi was apparant.




















Lastly, the soupy soba with tempura ordered by me was definitely a really bad choice. Needless to say, a look at the tempura tells you why. The soba lacked texture and taste.


The ramen ordered by Mark was much better with the delicious herbal taste to the soup. However, the noodle was disappointing as well.














________________________

Where to find?

The Central
#01-170/71/72,
6 Eu Tong Sen Street, Singapore 059817
Contact: 65347784

Wheelock Place
#03-15/16/17, 501 Orchard Road,
Singapore 238880
Contact: 67336636

No comments: