Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ministry of Food (Bugis)

The first time I stepped into MOF@ Bugis with Marky, I was attracted by the appetite-whetting desserts. Especially the Imo Soft serve..It simply took my breath away!!!
The yam and sweet potato (The 2 roundish fried thingy beside the soft serve ice-cream) were so naturally sweet and fragrant is the word to discribe them. An interesting thing that I observed was the tips card that came with our desserts which teaches us the way to enjoy what we ordered.
After having 2 desserts, I made a decision...to sign up for their membership card..=Þ











Marky's Shiratama Kurian which is soft serve with red bean paste, fruits, mochi and Kanten jelly. It comes with some sweet honey like sauce for the sweet tooth. Pretty good stuff!
















2nd Visit
Please bear with the following pictures as I didn't know how to focus my HP's cam at that time... The pics didn't do justice to the food. So here's a link for better pics of the food...


The Unagi hotstone rice is one of the items that kept me going back. As mentioned in the earlier posting, I love hotstone rice, bibimbap, claypot rice...Anything that results in my rice getting slightly burnt is good stuff!! The special blended sauce enhances the flavour of the rice, although I can do with bigger pieces of eel in it =)


This was my main dish, Chicken Katsu Hotpot accompanied by Chicken Kaarage. It was reasonable and interestingly, the chicken kaarage tasted rather flavourful...

















Marky's Cold Seafood Ramen Salad of some sort was refreshing and most importantly, COLD. The seafood used were very fresh and succulent. The sauce on the other hand, was kinda like a wasabi based mayonnaise which was light enough for a non-wasabi lover like me to accept it.

















Lastly, we shared a cold red bean paste with soft serve and mochi. It was rather decent, but could be less sweet.

Things to note:
Coffee/Tea is complimentary with all their set meals & a voucher is presented to you with no expiry date

Desserts (<$6.50) can be purchased at just $3 with every set meal ordered.

Overall, there is no reason why I wouldn't go back again =)


____
______________

Where is it?

Marina Square (Cafe & Restaurant)
6 Raffles Boulevard #02-128E
Center Stage S(039594)
Tel: 63342202

Raffles City (Takeaway Kiosk)
252 North Bridge Road #B1-49 S(179103)

Bugis Junction (Cafe & Restaurant)
200 Victoria Street #02-45
Bugis Junction S(188021).
Tel: 65-63386466

Website: http://www.ministryoffood.com.sg/ (Not very informative)

No comments: