Monday, May 14, 2007

Seafood: Veggies: Breaded fish and mushroom potato

I've invited my dear friend recently for dinner at my house and as usual, she was my guinea pig. Haha...It wasn't exactly the best meal due to the saltiness of the fish. My dearest mummy told me to add more salt to the fish and in the end, the fish was really salty =Þ I shall adjust the salt next time.

I enjoyed eating the mushroom potato most as it was a combination of my favourite food. However, my dear friend commented that the mushroom taste was not very strong and I found out later that it was because of the mayonnaise that was added to make the consistency better.
















Clockwise from bottom right: Salty breaded dory (A mishap), oven baked white button mushrooms with sauteed onions on a bed of carrots, broccoli, mushroom potato.











My favourite of the day --> Mushrooms, potatoes and onions






Things to do beforehand
- Sauté 1 yellow onion with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sauté a mixture of shiitake and white button mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Method
1) Boil potato till semi-soft
(If you do not have time to bake the potato for 45mins)

2) Brush some olive oil on the oven tray.

3) Cut off one end of the potato so that it can stand.

4) Then, sprinkle a little salt and a drizzle of olive oil on the potato's skin

5) Bake @ 175°C till soft and scoop out the insides of the potato and place into a bowl.

6) Mix in the mushrooms and add a small dollop of mayonnaise for better consistency. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
(Note that mayonnaise covers the taste of the mushrooms so refrain from using too much if u like a strong mushroom taste)

7) Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins.

8) Drizzle some olive oil on the top of the mixture and send it back into the oven for another 15mins or so.

9) Add the sauté onions on top of the potato for garnishing















Oven baked button mushrooms with just salt, pepper and a abit of butter on it.

Although this hasn't been the best meal but I shall try to improve on this the next time round.

No comments: