Thursday, July 19, 2007

The restaurant which "changed" our appetites

Here I am, moving away from my markings for a while to blog after so long...However, today's featured restaurant ain't got anything to rave about. This restaurant is that I'm talking about is "Changing Appetites" at Marina Square. This place has quite a nice interior and a surprisingly long queue outside the restaurant. We thought we can just fill ourselves up there but...we ended up wasting more food than we ate.

Quoting Jo who was there with us that day,

"Changing Appetites really changed our appetites!"
























Our starter of Onion bloom. Though I thought that it wasn't that good at first, it turned out to the best item that we ordered in the end.

Quoting Jo again,

"Fried food never go wrong when you are trying a restaurant for the first time"








Part I of the horrible spaghetti that was shared by Stone and me.
Black pepper chicken spaghetti - We definitely have never eaten any black pepper sauce that tastes like this before.
Rachel gave up the remaining strands from the 1 bite that she took.
Part II was some skewered prawns aglio olio with an overdose of parmesan cheese. The whole thing just taste of the parmesan. I'm not the only one who said this (although I'm not a big cheese fan) The only nice thing was the prawns only.














Now, this is the HUGE burger that I can't remember Cher or Rachel ordered. Anyway, they both ordered burgers. According to what I saw, the portion was too big for them as there is quite a substantial amount left. And they mentioned that it is very "Jelak". You'll get tired of eating it very fast.
However, I thought that the battered onion that was on top of the cheese is quite interesting.
Other things that was ordered was:
Seafood Chowder --> Taste just like chunky potato soup with micro seafood
Some Mexican Taco thing with lots of melted cheese on top --> Pearl took a real long time to finish that. Didn't try it so I won't comment on that.
Overall, I'm sorry to say this but this is one place I won't go back again.

No comments: